Landing - COVID-19
Learn More About Our Operations During COVID-19
We’re grateful for the ability to maintain operations during COVID-19 and continue to provide delicious coffee for our customers and income for our farmer roaster family. To make sure the coffee we deliver to you is safe and healthy from farm to delivery, we’ve taken extra precautions at every level.
We’ll be making regular updates on this page. Be sure to check in to stay in the loop with everything that’s going on at Vega—the date at the bottom of the page will indicate when changes are made to any of the information below.
Food & COVID-19
To date there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with the transmission of the novel coronavirus, according to the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and U.S. Food & Drug Administration.
Employee & Customer Safety
We’ve scaled down operations at this time. To ensure the highest level of safety for our employees and customers. We are currently only operating out of our Nicaragua roastery, located in Esteli, Nicaragua.
We’ve got the following protocols in place. Safety is our highest priority.
- Face masks and gloves are provided and required for all employees.
- Employees are told not to come to work if they are sick, and temperatures are logged at the beginning of each shift as an extra precaution.
- We have limited the number of employees in our roasting center at this time.
- Social distancing guidelines exceed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations.
- We’ve limited use of shared equipment to the best of our ability.
- Surfaces are regularly and vigorously cleaned and disinfected throughout the day.
Many of these measures were in place pre-COVID-19 to ensure the health and safety of our customers; now, they are heightened to take appropriate precaution against the novel Coronavirus.
Orders & Shipping Information
- To provide the widest margin of safety to our employees and customers, orders may not ship for up to one week. If we encounter a shipping delay that’s longer than one week, we will inform you via email.
- For questions about your order, feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time, and a member of our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
- Learn more about how our carriers are responding to this situation:
The best resources for updates and answers to questions about COVID-19 are the World Health Organization, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and your local health authorities. For our U.S. customers, we recommend keeping up to date with COVID-19 developments via your state’s Department of Public Health website.
Feel free to write to us any time at email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on our policies. As always, we’d love to hear from you on how we can make your customer experience the best it can be.
Updated May 9, 2020